Does it sometimes feel like no matter what you do, you and your fertility just can’t seem to get along?
Do you wish you were more like BFFs than “frenemies?”
When you are struggling to conceive, your relationship with your fertility (which includes all of our girl parts and such ) can get down right abusive.
You heckle your hormones.
You undermine your uterus.
You belittle your blocked tubes.
You ostracize your ovaries: “Seriously? What’s a girl gotta do to get one F-ing good egg around here?”
If you happen to be 40 or better, you are all too ready to be the drum major in a miserable parade of insults aimed at your decision making, choice of partners, and professional ambition–all culminating in the hand wringing refrain: ” Why did I have to wait so long?!”
Whatever the situation, it can feel like you are ready to get on the next bus to Baby Town, but your fertility is dragging her feet.
So how does a smart woman heal this relationship and keep it from turning into something out of Ike and Tina Turner’s play book?
A smart woman realizes that being at war with her fertility is the same as being at war with herself.
Turning on yourself like that will never give you the peace, confidence, and certainty that you desire on this journey…or in your life.
Quit making your fertility the enemy.
She’s doing the best she can.
How silly is it to bully her ruthlessly, then in the next breath ask her to show up for you big time?
Right this relationship…NOW.
You may be surprised at how incredible you feel and how quickly she begins to cooperate with you when you do.
My ladies learn to fall deeply in love with their bodies and they manifest miracles as a result.
Decide you will be one of them.
Change your mindset, change your results.
Lots of love,
Intrigued? Here’s an exercise to take this to the next level…
Heal the relationship you have with your fertility.
Here’s how to get started:
- See your fertility as an inextricable part of who you are. Imagine her as a person.
- Get out two sheets of paper or open up two pages in your journal that face each other.
- On the first page, write a letter to your fertility telling her exactly how you feel about her TODAY. Unleash the hounds. Air your grievances. Tell her the TRUTH about how you feel–not what you think she wants to hear. Be real. Ex.: ” Dear Fertility, I’m really pissed at you right now. Why the hell do you keep letting me down…?”
- Look at what you have written. It may not be pretty. It may not be polite. It may be some ruthless shit. But it’s the truth, right? Own it.
- Now, on the other sheet of paper, write the “reframe.” Tell her what you choose to believe about her now, moving forward. Ex: ” Dear Fertility, I’m really sorry I have been such a bitch to you. It makes me feel gross that we are not on the same page. I see you are working so hard. I honor and respect you…” Heal it.
- CHOOSE. Which perspective will you commit to moving forward? Look at both letters you wrote–which do you believe will propel you toward your baby? Only you can decide. Choose wisely.
Transformation happens in your ACTION. Quit wishing and waiting.
Stretch yourself. Remember, it’s about progress, NOT perfection.
If this exercise has made a difference in your day, leave a comment and tell me about it. xoxoxo