As you get ready to slide into your weekend, I want to shed some light on something that has the power to ruin even our best days on this journey…
I call it, “The What If Spin Cycle.”
- What if my treatment doesn’t work?
- What if I have to spend more money?
- What if my partner is disappointed in me?
- What if I find out that my goodie-two-shoes nemesis is pregnant?
- What if I accidentally ate something that wasn’t organic?
- AND, the grand-daddy of the baddy,”What if IT never happens for me?”
I bet you can think of 10,000 more–you are smart, driven, and creative like that.
Now, if you want to stay caught up in that mess–it’s your prerogative (insert the sound of Bobby Brown’s multi-platinum hit.)
AND, as a coach who facilitates the process by which smart women all over the world ABSOLUTELY TRANSFORM their journeys and their lives, I have one thing to say:
If you don’t like where your “what ifs” take you, point yourself in a new direction.
Here’s a killer tool to help you get there, I call it: “What If…AWESOME!”
Here’s how it works: Instead of taking the fall-back position of what-ifing yourself to death with the expectation that things are just going to go to shit, create a NEW HABIT of “What if…AWESOME!”
Simply replace the currently miserable and tired main clause of your what-ifstatements with something that makes you giddy!
- “What if everything goes positively spectacular?” (AWESOME)
- “What if my eggs are absolutely perfect?” (AWESOME)
- “What if I could be ecstatically happy no matter what happens?” (AWESOME)
- “What if I ask for more support from my partner and get it?” (AWESOME)
- “What if I get to have Rosanne as my coach?” (REALLY AWESOME)
It is undisputed that your mindset has a direct correlation to your stress level.
If your what-ifs are stressing you out, you have the power to change them.
You’ve got this.
Lots of love,