As you get ready to slide into your weekend, I want to shed some light on something that has the power to ruin even our best days on this journey...
I call it, "The What If Spin Cycle."
- What if my treatment doesn't work?
- What if I have to spend more money?
- What if my partner is disappointed in me?
- What if I find out that my goodie-two-shoes nemesis is pregnant?
- What if I accidentally ate something that wasn't organic?
- AND, the grand-daddy of the baddy,"What if IT never happens for me?"
I bet you can think of 10,000 more--you are smart, driven, and creative like that.
Now, if you want to stay caught up in that mess--it's your prerogative (insert the sound of Bobby Brown's multi-platinum hit.)
AND, as a coach who facilitates the process by which smart women all over the world ABSOLUTELY TRANSFORM their journeys and their lives, I have one thing to say:
If you don't like where your "what ifs" take you, point yourself in a new direction.
Here's a killer tool to help you get there, I call it: "What If...AWESOME!"
Here's how it works: Instead of taking the fall-back position of what-ifing yourself to death with the expectation that things are just going to go to shit, create a NEW HABIT of "What if...AWESOME!"
Simply replace the currently miserable and tired main clause of your what-ifstatements with something that makes you giddy!
- "What if everything goes positively spectacular?" (AWESOME)
- "What if my eggs are absolutely perfect?" (AWESOME)
- "What if I could be ecstatically happy no matter what happens?" (AWESOME)
- "What if I ask for more support from my partner and get it?" (AWESOME)
- "What if I get to have Rosanne as my coach?" (REALLY AWESOME)
It is undisputed that your mindset has a direct correlation to your stress level.
If your what-ifs are stressing you out, you have the power to change them.
You've got this.
Lots of love,