Has your desire to be a Mom become an obsession?
I know that may seem like a lame question, because if you are teetering on, or are knee deep in obsession, you will probably tell yourself NO and get pissed at me for calling you out.
You might be in a state where you have been living in obsession mode for so long that you don’t even notice it, or rationalize it away as “I just really want to be a Mom.”
I have the guts to tell you what I wish I understood from the start of my journey, in the name of saving you YEARS of unnecessary misery. Why? The best coaches do.
Obsessing and trying to force things will NOT give you the certainty you crave.
Obsessing = desperation. It’s toxic, strangling energy.
Obsessing will literally repel the things you desire on this journey.
Think about how powerless you feel when you are stuck in a bout of obsession.
It’s like a trip down memory lane back to middle or high school when you had your first experience of unrequited love. “Why won’t he/she love meeeeeeee?!”
It’s whiny, victimy, grabby, and GROSS.
It isn’t until you come to your senses that you realize how ridiculous you were being and how much more attractive you would have been had you behaved with confidence.
This isn’t just true in our interactions with people, but it plays a role in how we attract the situations, solutions, and synchronicities, we might have otherwise overlooked, which put us on the path to finally getting pregnant.
Not sure if you are in obsession mode? Here are some warning signs:
- It’s been a long time since you and your partner have had a conversation that didn’t somehow relate back to trying to conceive.
- The primary calculus you use in deciding whether to spend money is how it might impact your ability to pay for fertility treatments.
- Your friends distance themselves from you because you are so consistenly low-vibe and all you want to talk about is TTC.
- The hours you spend with Dr. Google are such that you could have earned your own advanced degree in reproductive endocrinology.
- Rigid adherence to extreme diets, life sucking fertility rituals, and religious adherence to any one practitioner’s regimen, without asking yourself, “Is this really right for me?”
- Romance? What’s that?
- Your mindset is stuck in a loop of fear, doubt, and negativity, but you do virtually NOTHING about it because it feels like “home.”
Sound familiar? C’mon. Be honest.
Isn’t it time you got back into the kind of control that supports you to make the smartest, most authentic, confidence based decisions you could possibly make?
How different would your journey be if you could lead from that place?
My ladies aren’t available for obsession.
They refuse to live this journey in fear, lack, scarcity, powerlessness, and victimhood, which is why they make their dreams come true.
Decide you will be one of them.
Change your mindset, change your results.
Lots of love,
Intrigued? Here’s an exercise to take this to the next level…
Exorcise obsession from your journey.
Take a long hard look at the way you have been living your journey.
Is it at all a reflection of the woman and mother you truly desire to be?
What is the impact it is having on your quality of life and the quality of your partnership. Is it time to take your foot off the gas for a minute and press the “reset” button?
Tell yourself the truth. Take a few minutes to journal on this topic and let your self see the light you need to see.
Tired of trying to figure this out on your own and realize that you need help to beat this toxic obsession? Apply here.
Transformation happens in your ACTION. Quit wishing and waiting.
Stretch yourself. Remember, it’s about progress, NOT perfection.